V6 channel news anchor Radhika Reddy allegedly commits suicide in Hyderabad
- V6 channel news anchor Radhika Reddy allegedly commits suicide in Hyderabad
V6 anchor Radhika Reddy suicide: The police has recovered a suicide note from her handbag in which she allegedly stated that she was taking the extreme step due to depression.V6 anchor Radhika Reddy suicide: The police has recovered a suicide note from her handbag in which she allegedly stated that she was taking the extreme step due to depression. (file photo) Top News
- Baaghi 2 box office collection day 4: Tiger Shroff's film continues to slay
- Who was Radhika Reddy?
- Bharat bandh LIVE UPDATES: Seven killed; 1,700 anti-riot policemen rushed to violence-hit areas
A Telugu news channel anchor allegedly committed suicide on Sunday by jumping from the fifth floor of her residential building in Hyderabadâs Kukatpally area.
The police has recovered a suicide note from her handbag in which she allegedly stated that she was taking the extreme step due to depression. âDue to depression I am killing myself. Nobody else is the reason. My brain is my enemy,â she allegedly wrote in the suicide note.
The deceased was identified as Radhika Reddy, 36, a res ident of Srivila Apartment in Moosapet. She worked as a news reader at V6 channel. The fall from the five-storey apartment instantly killed her, police said. She suffered a severe head injury, a leg fracture and multiple blunt injuries on the body, police added.
Read | Who is Radhika Reddy?
âAfter work she came home, and at around 10.40 pm yesterday she went to the top floor of the building and jumped,â Kukatapally Police Station Inspector V Prasanna Kumar told PTI. âShe suffered multiple injuries and died on the spot,â he said.
Radhika has been living with her parents after she divorced her husband about six months ago. She is survived by her son Banu Teja Reddy who is mentally challenged. A Hyderabad-based journalist working for national news channel said Radhika returned home from work after reading the late evening news bulletin. Radhikaâs father told local media that he heard a loud noise from outside at around 10 .30 pm while he was waiting for his daughter to return. He later realised that she allegedly jumped from the top floor of the building.
The victim got married 12 years ago and had two children, but apparently owing to some dispute with her husband she was not staying with him, police said. Police ruled out any foul play behind the incident. A case was registered, they said.
with PTI inputs
For all the latest Hyderabad News, download Indian Express AppÂ© IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd More Top News
- MS Dhoni, folk artist Sharda Sinha, actor Manoj Joshi presented Padma awards
- Pakistan beat West Indies by 82 runs, win series 2-0: As it happened
- 1Baaghi 2 box office collection day 4: Tiger Shroff's film continues to slay
- 2Who was Radhika Reddy?
- 3Bharat bandh LIVE UPDATES: Seven killed; 1,700 anti-riot policemen rushed to viol ence-hit areas
- 4MS Dhoni, folk artist Sharda Sinha, actor Manoj Joshi presented Padma awards
- Bharat Bandh: Seven dead, over 100 injured as Dalit protests spiral out of control; Centre files review petition
- Bharat bandh LIVE: 1,700 anti-riot policemen rushed to violence-hit areas
- CitiesSealing: SC lashes out at Centre, says 'you cannot go on destroying Delhi'
- OpinionThe much-maligned bureaucracy has become a hurdle in the way of populist misadventure
- OpinionWh y governments hesitate to withdraw cases when the accused are Muslims
- EntertainmentAli Asgar, Sugandha Mishra, Suyyash Rai join Sunil Grover and Shilpa Shinde's web show Dan Dana Dan
- EntertainmentUpcoming Bollywood films in April: October, Blackmail, Omerta and others
- EntertainmentBollywood box office in March: Ajay Devgn's film raids theatres, Baaghi 2 secures highest opening
- TrendingBharat Bandh: Twitterati condemn vandalism; say, 'Violence not acceptable'
- TrendingTesla's poster boy and CEO Elon Musk has April's most shocking story
- SportsSaina Nehwal's father's name cut from official list, not allowed to see matches, shuttler claims on Twitter
- Anti-apartheid activist and Ne lson Mandela's former wife Winnie Mandela dies: All you need to know
- SportsMS Dhoni, Pankaj Advani receive Padma Bhushan at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Telugu news anchor Radhika Reddy commits suicide: Here is all you need to know about her
- SportsDh oni, Advani receive Padma Bhushan
- SportsIndia face sanctions for breach of no-needle policy
- LifestyleTheyyam: When the 'lower castes' turn gods and goddesses
- EntertainmentGQ India Style Awards 2018: Akshay Kumar is GQ Legend; Shahid Kapoor and Alia Bhatt win Most Stylish Man, Woman
- TechnologyGoogle Home speaker, Home Mini India launch soon, confirms company
- TechnologyAirtel extends 1000GB free data offer for broadband users: Here's how to claim
- The Kishori Amonkar Who Wasnât Temperamental
- A Tribal Way of Life
- Raja Mandala: Kim goes to China
- Caste-blind justice
- Privilege over performance