Delhi Metro's Pink Line to open today. Here's everything about the new route
Delhi Metro's Pink Line to open today. Here's everything about the new routeAgencies|Updated: Mar 14, 2018, 11.05 AM ISTThe Pink Line of Delhi Metro is slated to be formally flagged off today by Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Union Minister for Housing and Urban Affairs (Independent Charge) Hardeep Singh Puri. It will prove a big boon for commuters, especially students, who till now have to travel either by road from the North Campus or take the Airport Line metro till Dhaula Kuan and comm ute again on road.
Here are the highlights of the Pink Line:
- The route is 21.56 km long and has a travel time of about 40 minutes.
- The route will connect the north and south campuses of the Delhi University.
- This section is part of the 59 km-long Majlis Park - Shiv Vihar corridor (Pink Line - Line 7) of Delhi Metro's Phase 3.
- All the stations have platform-screen doors.
- In total, it has 12 stations which include Majlis Park, Azadpur, Shalimar Bagh, Netaji Subhash Place, Shakurpur, Punjabi Bagh West, ESI Hospital, Rajouri Garden, Mayapuri, Naraina Vihar, Delhi Cantt and Durgabai Deshmukh South Campus.
- Eight of these stations are elevated and rest underground. Like the Magenta Line, broad-sized coaches from the new rolling stock, will ply on the standard gauge Pink line.
- It is part of the Delhi Metro' s Phase-III project.
- The entire corridor will open by June 2018.
- Once opened, it will also reduce metro travel time between Dwarka 21 (Blue Line) and Rithala (Red Line) by over 16 minutes; and Rajouri Garden and Azadpur by nearly 23 minutes, as per DMRC.
Part of Delhi Metro's 'Pink Line' to open on March 14
Pink Line: North-south campuses of Delhi University connected; travel in 40 minutes
Delhi metro starts full signaling trials of driverless trains on Pink Line
From Around The Web
How to fix your Fatigue (do this every day)!
A rijit Singh Live in the U.S.-Book tickets now
Gaana Music Fest
Protect your cherished possessions
STATE FARM INSURANCE
Send Money to India for $0 + Great Exchange Rates