Justice Jasti Chelameswar sits with CJI Dipak Misra, dispels speculation
Justice Jasti Chelameswar is today sitting in the Court of Chief Justice of India (CJI) Dipak Misra, thus dispelling speculation that he will not sit with the CJI on his final working day.
Justice Clelameswar is sitting with CJI Dipak Misra and Justice DY Chandrachud in Court No. 1.
It is customary in the Supreme Court for a judge retiring from office to share the Bench with the Chief Justice of India, on his final working day.
However, the apparent rift between CJI Misra and Justice Chelameswar had led to a lot of speculation on whether the latter would sit with the CJI on his final working day.
The fact that Justice Chelameswar had turned down the invitation by Supreme Court Bar Association (SCBA) to attend his farewell function, had also fueled the narrative.
Some media organisations had reported that Justice Chelameswar will not be sitting with the CJI, though the causelist for today did make it clear that he will sit in the CJIâs court.To read the entire article, get a premium account
With a premium account you get:
- One year of unrestrcited access to previous interviews, columns and articles
- One year access to all archival material
- Access to all Bar & Bench reports
Already a subscriber ?
- Bonhomie between Judiciary and Government sounds the death knell to Democracy; Chelameswar J in letter to CJI [Read Letter]
- Justice Jasti Chelameswar turns down invite to attend farewell function
- Two Supreme Court judges in the Collegium want to ârevisitâ Collegium system
- Justice Jasti Chelameswar recuses from the Telangana judges Association case
- Justice Jasti Chelameswar uses mic, will other Supreme Court judges take a cue?
- Save the child before it dies in womb, Read full text of letter by Kurian Joseph J. to CJI Dipak Misra